If you are up for a treat, want to experience the luxury lifestyle and feel like a prince/princess, the 5-star luxury Shangri-La’s Touressrok Resort and Spa (with its own private island) is your hotel.
The resort is located on the east coast of Mauritius in one of the island’s most spectacular bays which is just an hour away from the airport. It’s the perfect private hideaway strung along the white-sand beach and turquoise shoreline.
It becomes clear immediately upon entering the hotel that every corner has been thought through with amazing pieces of furniture that lends the hotel a nice island-chic vibe. This is not your traditional hotel so you will not find the typical front desk reception. Instead you will be led to a comfortable sofa and offered a refreshing cold spice tea while they explain the hotel offering to you.
Below: the front entrance.
Below: view out to one of the infinity pools from the hotel atrium.
The hotel was fully renovated in 2015 and this is reflected in every corner including in the spacious bedrooms. These rooms are divided into three different zones:
1. The main bedroom/living area that leads to the balcony with amazing views
2. The vanity table and closet/dressing area. If you forgot your flip flops and a bag to carry your towels no problem! The hotel leaves those items in the closet for you to use.
Below: to the left hand side a large walk in wardrobe. To the right hand side, the entrance to the bathroom.
3. A very generous bathroom with a bath and a separate monsoon shower which are perfect to enjoy after a long day at the beach!
As for the breakfast I hope you wake up hungry because the food selection is endless! Not only are there freshly-made pastries, breads, pancakes and smoothies but also a large selection of hot food including all the components of a Full English Breakfast, Chinese dim sum and a wide selection of Indian cuisine. If you fancy something else don’t worry, just ask and one of the many chefs on stand-by will cook it for you!
Food is also incredible for lunch and especially so for dinner where there are three different restaurants offering Chinese, Mediterranean and Indian cuisine.
After breakfast if you feel like staying around at the hotel don’t worry about being bored as the choices are endless!
- swim in one of their heated pools
- enjoy the hotel beach and taking a kayak or a pedalo and explore the area
- go to the gym and/or enjoy a relaxing massage
- do some of the many activities they offer throughout the day at the hotel such as archery, tennis, pilates, boxing, diving… (some of these activities are free)
- take the free boat to visit the hotel’s private island.
Below: another one of the hotel’s infinity pools. What a view!
Below: the hotel’s private beach. This stretches a long way!
Below: me walking to the hotel’s pier to take a private boat to the hotel’s island.
There are endless, beautiful sunsets to enjoy in Mauritius. Where better to enjoy these than at the Shangri-la hotel! My only regret is not staying long enough!!!