So you want some breakfast inspiration for summer?
I can help you with that.
If you don’t have time now, DOWNLOAD HERE FOR FREE
Personally I like eating healthily all year round but I pay special attention to what I eat a few weeks before going on holiday as I know I will be indulging myself during the trip! One of the things that I noticed is that if I start the day eating a croissant for example I will let myself go for the rest of the day and indulge until the evening. On the contrary if I start the day by consciously choosing good foods for my body I will have more chance of eating healthily throughout the day. Try this trick and let me know if it works for you too!
One of my issues is that I have a sweet tooth and so I tend to snack all day long. For me breakfast needs to be filling and tasty at the same time as being healthy. So I wanted to share with you three recipes that I’ve been enjoying lately before my summer holidays. Why do I like them?
- They are easy to make and can be prepared in advanced so you can either have them at home or place them in a tupperware and eat them at work.
- They keep me fuller for longer and therefore I snack less.
- They are super tasty and healthy so I start the day with a positive mindset.
1) Tasty Oats
As summer approaches I don’t fancy hot porridge anymore. So this is a fantastic alternative. It’s the summer-version of porridge!
Oats are still the founation of this bowl but instead of cooking them you just soak them in the fridge over night. This is still a very filling and tasty way to start the day. Give it a try!
- To a small bowl add almond milk, chia seeds and almond milk and stir to combine.
- Then add the oats and stir a few more times.
- Cover the bowl and let it set in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, garnish with fruit, seeds and drizzle with maple or agave syrup.
2) Coconut Yogurt & Smoothie
It doesn’t always need to be complicated. Simply top the yoghurt with some granola, berries or nuts and dig in! In this case I used coconut and vanilla flavoured yoghurt which is my new thing. It’s very thick and satisfying. Try new things and you might discover new and yummy textures and flavours!
I also like to have smoothies in the morning. This one I call strawberry delight. See below for the instructions.
- Add strawberries, a handful of spinach, 1 celery stalk and some cucumber slices into a blender. If you have a sweet tooth also add a banana.
- Add some ice and some coconut water or plain water.
- Blend until smooth.
3) Protein Chocolate Cake
I love chocolate so this a great excuse to have in the morning without feeling guilty! Also, it contains protein that helps me feel fuller for longer and I can cut a few slices to take with me as a snack for later on in the day. It’s one of those cakes that it does not last long at home. Give it a try!
- To a bowl mix and combine the dry ingredients: pancake mix or any gluten free flour, protein powder (personally I use vegan protein) , unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar substitute (stevia or coconut sugar).
- Then add the wet ingredients: egg whites, unsweetened applesauce (instead of buying it, I cook 2 brambly apple on a pot until soften), fat-free greek yogurt and low-calorie chocolate syrup or spread.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and pour into a tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes making sure that it’s not too dry.
- Serving suggestions: you could add some goji berries and a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
Feel free to send me some recipes or comments. Keep tuned for my next post for getting ready for your summer trip!